Pete Thorn Is WOKE!

Post any business or organization that is woke along with internet proof, and we'll boycott them
Only posts that do so will be allowed
PLX
Executive

Re: Pete Thorn Is WOKE!

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:31 pm Most of the beans if not all of them have been spilled for over ten years now..... there really is no SUPER TOP SECRET SQUIRREL information any longer. There might be some info on stuff they did in the recording studios but if you can read you can get Ed tone all day long.

Info like the Pultec EQ for the recording of VH1 is cool but Ed didn't use a Pultec EQ live.
Naw, the Pultec was the other guy on YouTube.

Pete was in on a thread on TGP where I told him about mixing the two speakers. He admitted that he had never heard of that.

We (you probably too) knew about it back from Metroamp days. Next thing you know, Petey is passing it off as "his research.. :roll:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 pm
harddriver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:31 pm Most of the beans if not all of them have been spilled for over ten years now..... there really is no SUPER TOP SECRET SQUIRREL information any longer. There might be some info on stuff they did in the recording studios but if you can read you can get Ed tone all day long.

Info like the Pultec EQ for the recording of VH1 is cool but Ed didn't use a Pultec EQ live.
Naw, the Pultec was the other guy on YouTube.

Pete was in on a thread on TGP where I told him about mixing the two speakers. He admitted that he had never heard of that.

We (you probably too) knew about it back from Metroamp days. Next thing you know, Petey is passing it off as "his research.. :roll:
Pete was on Metro back then as well, under the user name SINAS1. He posted quite a bit from what I remember, pretty sure he posted clips and what not. Him not knowing the details is strange because him and Dave Friedman have been friends for years, it was the 50K midpot that Dave F kept hidden longer but I think that was revealed to a couple of people on Metro and then it got leaked to me around 2010/11.

The JBL speakers thing has been out there 2006 or 2007 at least, none of that was hidden on Metro, and I think that's where Dave Friedman confirmed the dual tracked JBL/Greenback combo on VH1, I can't remember exactly when, I think it was around the time Robin L was dropping information which was 2008/9.

Hell I bought two Fender JBL D120 16 ohm original speakers to load into my 4x12 2008 or so. While it did contribute to the specific VH1 album tone recorded they aren't that pleasant to stand in front of IMHO but if someone loves them then I say knock yourself out it's all good. I concluded pretty quickly the Pulsonic 0014 coned greenbacks and 55hz blackbacks I feel contribute more to the tone. If you are doing the multi track recording mixing the two speaker then yeah the JBL's help get you more spot on to VH1. I still would love to play original 0014 Pre rola pulsonic coned greenbacks but I'm not willing to pay up to hear them, BMF5150 Stan got a quad and he confirmed they are the shiznit for spot on Ed. Every once a blue moon I get an message from Stan I know he got into a 67 Camaro build big time but he still drops in sometimes.

I think Pete has contributed to the whole exploration of all things Ed and I appreciate what he has done so I harbor no ill will towards the guy, he is entitled to his political beliefs but usually the hardcore left do not have the live and let live attitude towards their contrarian counterparts as they wish death on everyone that is not them. That is where I have a problem with it.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:31 am The JBL speakers thing has been out there 2006 or 2007 at least, none of that was hidden on Metro, and I think that's where Dave Friedman confirmed the dual tracked JBL/Greenback combo on VH1, I can't remember exactly when, I think it was around the time Robin L was dropping information which was 2008/9.
Yep. Dave Friedman posted the two clips of RWTD.. one is the SM-56 on the Celestion, and the other is a SM-56 on the JBL D120.

I knew what I was hearing as soon as I listened to those clips. Those retards on Metroamp actually went on for 3~4 pages arguing that it wasn't Ed playing in those clips. :lol:

Anyways, that EVH thread is on TGP where I posted those two clips and Thorn says he never heard that before, and then says something like, "I think I have a D120 in a box somewhere.. I'll have to try that." :roll:

harddriver wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:31 am I think Pete has contributed to the whole exploration of all things Ed and I appreciate what he has done so I harbor no ill will towards the guy, he is entitled to his political beliefs but usually the hardcore left do not have the live and let live attitude towards their contrarian counterparts as they wish death on everyone that is not them. That is where I have a problem with it.
Yeah, whenever I see the liberal nutbags say things like that, it makes me think of 8-year-olds arguing. :D
Picasso
Office Gopher

Post by Picasso »

Liberals are supporters and enablers of pedophilia.
Picasso
Office Gopher

Post by Picasso »

I see this asshole all over Youtube with these stupid demos, doesn't he dislike any product? What a vile piece of shit this guy is, never knew that.
Liberals are supporters and enablers of pedophilia.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Picasso wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:14 pm I see this asshole all over Youtube with these stupid demos, doesn't he dislike any product? What a vile piece of shit this guy is, never knew that.
I'll give him credit.. The VH first album tone video he did was great! He was the first person to put everything together and video/audio it and share.

But he gave almost no credit to all the people who did the actual work/research. He just lurked on the forums for years, and then regurgitated everything out and passed it off as if it were his own work.

At least he gave my buddy from Houston, Allen Garber, a shout out by his username "garbeaj". :)
panhead
Recruit

Post by panhead »

Well now that this shit surfaced, Did you know Friedman was on the same level as Cameron back in 2000`s aka ripping people off and basically keeping their equipment that he was being paid to rack. The fall out was all on HugeRacks inc.com but thats long gone. He did finally settle up with all but Id bet that fat fuck is of the same ilk.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

Who would have guessed that Pete Thorn is a tool?
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
John 14:6
Recruit

Post by John 14:6 »

Screw Pete Thorn and I just unsubscribed to his Youtube channel. Don't watch him much anyway other than a pedal demo here and there.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Cross Eyed Cuck the Shilling Canuck!