Ceriatone AH-50 Build

Post your amp/pedal/guitar/etc builds here
PLX
Executive

Re: Ceriatone AH-50 Build

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:59 pm Ya the OT pin 3 wires can easily be reversed and you get the "whu whu whu whu" oscillation; flip em around and problem gone.

Did it myself with my build.

BTW, you post your problem like you did here... over at Soymore Duncan, and they'll laugh at you. :roll:
And that's my point about this..

It's not about me, personally. These people will treat anyone that way.

I'm blessed in that I'm retired and can play around with this stuff all day, everyday. If I miss something and burn up a couple dollars worth of components, I'll order more components and learn something in the process.

This is a hobby for me, just like playing the guitar. I'm doing it for the enjoyment I get out of it. I could just go and buy an amp, or two, or three. ;) But I like the challenge of trying to build/mod them myself.

But it's disheartening to watch these gutless cowards pounce on novice people trying to learn, rather than act like grown men, mentors, leaders. They're an embarrassment to men. Now the eastern Europeans.. yeah, I get it.

They're all effeminate, poor, and they hate Americans with a passion. If you travel to that part of the world, they can recognize an American on sight.. and they will not hesitate to walk up to you in public and berate you in broken English to your face, just to see if they can piss you off.

Misery loves company. :|
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

So, I got the circuit board out and after examining the bottom of the board and inside the chassis underneath the board what happened was..

I left the two DC legs of the bridge rectifier chip too long, should've clipped them after soldering but missed it.

When I was pulling the OT wires and grid wires around to make changes, something caught the 12V lead of the RC206 chip and pulled it into a bolt & nut coming in from the top of the chassis and sticking up just under where the chip is located on the circuit board.

This shorted the 12V lead to chassis ground and popped the chip.

I went ahead and ordered all the parts that make up the 12VDC heater supply, which amounted to 3 capacitors, a voltage regulator chip, and the bridge rectifier chip.

$6.68 from Mouser. :mrgreen:
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

PLX wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:23 pm So, I wake up this morning and log-in to see that I have a "Nasty Gram" from the admin at TheAmpGarage.com forum.. :D

Evidently.. they read this site, and he says, he "..does not appreciate seeing one of their valued members being insulted."

He also informed me that I am not well liked at TheAmpGarage.com and that my membership has been perma-bant. :shock:
What a bunch of fags....I hope that cocksucker from over there who messaged you reads this, pauses, and reflects on what a pantywaist, cuck, pathetic excuse for a man he is. Pathetic.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:28 am What a bunch of fags....I hope that cocksucker from over there who messaged you reads this, pauses, and reflects on what a pantywaist, cuck, pathetic excuse for a man he is. Pathetic.
It'll never happen..

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Removed all the components that convert AC to DC for both the B+ voltage and the DC heaters circuit. Those are some of the parts I ordered last night. When that little bridge rectifier chip got smoked, it may well have taken the other parts of that circuit with it, and since the diodes for the B+ are right next to it on the board and only cost .17 cents each, I went ahead and cleaned off that whole end of the turret board and have new parts coming.

lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I'm sensing that it's almost time for yet another dick pic right smack dab in the middle of this thread...

:lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:26 pm I'm sensing that it's almost time for yet another dick pic right smack dab in the middle of this thread...

:lol:
Might as well. :|

I'll be waiting on parts till Wednesday.

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

So now with the oscillation issues sorted...there should be a BE50 NAD day in the coming weeks??????????? :o :P

If you can stop playing your ED spec amp long enough to get the BE50 done......... :lol:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:51 pm So now with the oscillation issues sorted...there should be a BE50 NAD day in the coming weeks??????????? :o :P

If you can stop playing your ED spec amp long enough to get the BE50 done......... :lol:
I am kicking myself for not trying the whole "pull-two-tubes-and-drop-the-variac-to-70VAC" a long damn time ago. :oops:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

PLX wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:23 pm So, I wake up this morning and log-in to see that I have a "Nasty Gram" from the admin at TheAmpGarage.com forum.. :D

Evidently.. they read this site, and he says, he "..does not appreciate seeing one of their valued members being insulted."

He also informed me that I am not well liked at TheAmpGarage.com and that my membership has been perma-bant. :shock:

What a Pussy. Is this chick for real? #CUCK