Ceriatone AH-50 Build

Post your amp/pedal/guitar/etc builds here
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Ceriatone AH-50 Build

Post by harddriver »

Looks great PLX! You will not regret installing the depth mod and NFB mod controls, both will make the amp super versatile! 8-)
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:14 pm Looks great PLX! You will not regret installing the depth mod and NFB mod controls, both will make the amp super versatile! 8-)
Yeah, I think so.

I drilled an extra hole on the faceplate, right next to the Presence control and placed the Variable NFB control there..

I used the hole on the back of the chassis where the Effects Loop Return Level knob was supposed to go for the Resonance Control knob.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Unfinished head cabinet - test fit :

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Final sanding with 320 grit sandpaper.

Chassis mounting bolt holes drilled, pre-stain conditioner, 'natural' stain, 1 coat clear polyurethane & copper shielding tape applied.

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

If you have the room next to your depth pot you might want to put your NFB control there on the front. That is one control you might fiddle with quite a bit. The depth you kind of set it an leave it. I had my NFB control right next to the presence control on my Zilla 4 gain stager and I would tweak that thing all the time, it was hoot, 27K it's a plexi....100K it's a Super lead ...200K it tight like a Splawn.

Headbox looks good, I figured you would Snake print tolex that bad boy but you went for the Boogie look huh.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX you need to go fuzzy carpet covering a la 80's Randall. :lol:
bxfy6jvu0o6piyhm5nqu2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:51 am If you have the room next to your depth pot you might want to put your NFB control there on the front. That is one control you might fiddle with quite a bit. The depth you kind of set it an leave it. I had my NFB control right next to the presence control on my Zilla 4 gain stager and I would tweak that thing all the time, it was hoot, 27K it's a plexi....100K it's a Super lead ...200K it tight like a Splawn.
That's it right there. The knob with no label.

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 amPLX you need to go fuzzy carpet covering a la 80's Randall. :lol:
Reggie asked me if I was gonna cover it with tolex.

When I said I was just going to stain it, he said, "Ok then I'll make the front panel out of Baltic birch with a nice grain."

Honestly, if I hadn't found a cabinet builder at the last minute who would fucking listen to me and pay attention to the dimensions of the chassis, I was about to go down to Home Despot and buy some damned birch plywood and "hillbilly" the cabinet together myself. :x
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

I know it has everything plus the kitchen sink in there, but did you incorporate the "nitro secret pedal" into the circuit too?

Asking for a friend...

:lol:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:56 pm I know it has everything plus the kitchen sink in there, but did you incorporate the "nitro secret pedal" into the circuit too?

Asking for a friend...

:lol:
I think there's room for an Echoplex pre-amp board.

8-)