So I had a REEEEEEEEEEEEEWORK amp project of my own...

Post your amp/pedal/guitar/etc builds here
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: So I had a REEEEEEEEEEEEEWORK amp project of my own...

Post by harddriver »

Alright.... it looks like you need to use the Direct Link version of the image. Enjoy my novice creation gents................

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:07 pm Alright.... it looks like you need to use the Direct Link version of the image. Enjoy my novice creation gents................

lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

That little black nub in the lower right next to the volume knob thingies isn't connected to anything.

Prolly why it doesn't work.
(said the random SDUGF/EuroTalk/GayAmpBoard/TheGearPage know-it-all who actually doesn't know jack and shit)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

lll wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:15 pm
That little black nub in the lower right next to the volume knob thingies isn't connected to anything.

Prolly why it doesn't work.
(said the random SDUGF/EuroTalk/GayAmpBoard/TheGearPage know-it-all who actually doesn't know jack and shit)
It's a fun little jam amp that sounds great at lower volumes........I have Celestion G65 reissue speaker in the 1x12 cabinet and it really fits the amp well. It's running Hammond transformers and the have worked great. It has the Jose master with 20V/20V diodes on a switch, a Saturation/Plexi switch, 1000pf/2000pf/off preamp pot bright caps on a 3 way switch. It only has 300 DCV B+ on the plates so that keeps the wear and tear on the tubes low and keep the volume reasonable.

It's a cathode self biased amp meaning I can thrown any EL34, KT77 6l6, 5881 type into it without re-biasing, the current draw on the tubs must be lower than a certain amount kind like the way Mesa has fixed bias and then a tube range that will work with their amps.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Those new IC MPW caps are burning in quite nicely......I'm liking the tone of the amp alot more than with the old Gen1 Sozo's for sure. ;)

I started using the Jose Master without the diodes as an overall Master volume which lets me crank up the JCM800 Master for late night jams and it really works great............. :D 8-)