With Larry (The Legend) In The House

Yakk about your gear
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

With Larry (The Legend) In The House

Post by WGAFISHOME »

There SOULD be a forum Folder for Larry Amps where the most revered amp man can post some of his valuable thoughts and works.

Hey Mr Monkey what about it, it would add great knowledge to this forum.

Remember he has earned the right for is OWN playpen. Larry is THE builder as far as I'm concerned and most others too.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Re: With Larry (The Legend) In The House

Post by Monkey Man »

I agree mate. I'm not able to create forums 'though so I'll notify admin.

It's a bit of a rabbit hole 'though 'cause if we do it for one manufacturer, well, you know, we'd end up with a Manufacturers' Forums section. I'm not sure the owner would be down with this but I'll ask anyway.
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

Request submitted. ;)
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

Monkey Man wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:43 am I agree mate. I'm not able to create forums 'though so I'll notify admin.

It's a bit of a rabbit hole 'though 'cause if we do it for one manufacturer, well, you know, we'd end up with a Manufacturers' Forums section. I'm not sure the owner would be down with this but I'll ask anyway.
I 100% agree however, it may provide an avenue of income if you can get some advertisers? I thini all of us wouldn't begrudge you guys making some coin as every other bastard is.

In my perfect world you guys fully overtake EVERYTHING about Rig Talk and run it as it should be run. Non partisan & not supportive of the 2% of woke, lgbtq bullshit as the majority RULEs and not 2% of nothing as these pricks don't do anything substantial but whine and try to bombard us all with un natural lies that are destructive to a functioning society.

How these people have a platform is beyond my comprehension.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

Well, therein lies the source of my hesitance to outright predict that the request will be granted.

The owner doesn't want ad revenue AFAIK and considers it the root cause of all the other forums' going woke / PC / "optically-aware" and whatnot.

Most manufacturers may not like the optics of FoS, so there's that too. :?

All we can do is wait and see, brother.
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

Monkey Man wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:57 am Well, therein lies the source of my hesitance to outright predict that the request will be granted.

The owner doesn't want ad revenue AFAIK and considers it the root cause of all the other forums' going woke / PC / "optically-aware" and whatnot.

Most manufacturers may not like the optics of FoS, so there's that too. :?

All we can do is wait and see, brother.
Okay, I can see and fully support this.

I'd like to make a small $ donation to show my appreciation for this new site existing so if you provide me with a paypal account I'll do it today.
It's the very least I can do for your efforts.
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

Wow, so generous of you brother. :shock:

I couldn't in good conscience accept it 'though. I'm just the mod; the big boss pulls the strings. :lol:
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Will consider, and research will need to be done first.

This board was originally intended to be a "favor" to all the normal posters out there who were tired of the woke bullshit.

Not adverse at all to ad revenue (we run businesses too) but didn't think the topic would come up this quickly ("growing pains").

But yes, if there will be a manufacturer's section, then this "rodeo", which has been free for now, will need some compensation for the advertising.

We'll need some time though as we are of course busy with businesses and life. 8-)
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Wanted to add that Monkey Man has a great point with the "optics", but the fact is if we have a manufacturer's area and some manufacturers do not wish to align themselves with our illustrious group, then fuck 'em - who needs them anyways.
BAW
FNG
Has thanked: 0

Post by BAW »