What Are You Listening To?

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post by Watson503 »

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

^I've been listening to the new Megadeth this week, I dig a few tracks off of it, it has a different vibe but I need to give it a few more listens, I think.

Bones first full-length is out - this year has seen some great releases on the more extreme side of metal, although that's primarily what I listen to aside from the old classics
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

New Ozzy is pretty damn cool apart from the Watt production, which is way to "pop rock" just like Ordinary Man ... Clapton kills it here

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:25 am
My first Priest album in 1985 from memory ... have to admit I didn't really "get it" at the tie given the only metal I had at that point was Ozzy Bark at the Moon, Sabbath Mob Rules, sabbath We sold our souls for RnR and Rainbow Rising... but by 1986 I was all in on JP
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:04 am ^I've been listening to the new Megadeth this week, I dig a few tracks off of it, it has a different vibe but I need to give it a few more listens, I think.
The more I listen to it the better it gets and the more I like it.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

RockyStar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Watson503 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:04 am ^I've been listening to the new Megadeth this week, I dig a few tracks off of it, it has a different vibe but I need to give it a few more listens, I think.
I'm just struggling a little with Daves voice on it .. but then I have listen to much so need to dig into it a bit more
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

sytharnia NZ wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:48 pm
RockyStar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 pm
I'm just struggling a little with Daves voice on it .. but then I have listen to much so need to dig into it a bit more
His voice has always been tough to take in many ways for me. When you just choose to get over it and somewhat focus less on it all of a sudden it is tolerable and you are listening to the instruments and the music is good. It does take effort though in many cases to do all that...lol.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

RockyStar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:42 pm
His voice has always been tough to take in many ways for me. When you just choose to get over it and somewhat focus less on it all of a sudden it is tolerable and you are listening to the instruments and the music is good. It does take effort though in many cases to do all that...lol.
Yeah I use to love his voice but since he had the cancer it has lost it's edge (totally understandable given the treatment).. the production on the last couple of albums to me have had his vocals standing out too much in the mix
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »