What Are You Listening To?

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post by Watson503 »

Rest in Peace, Cliff...thanks for the great music

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

A lot of big anniversaries recently - Vol 4 turned 50 the other day and today the recording of Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil turns 40 - the album was released 2 months later on November 27th, 1982

This album was what started it all for me, not only did I get introduced to Black Sabbath but Brad Gillis' playing on this album really piqued my interest and desire to get an electric guitar. I got this on cassette through the old Columbia House Music Club with however many albums you got for a penny on your first order - I got so many memories of playing this on my old tape recorder, one of those things with the handle and one speaker...I didn't have a proper cassette player at the time on the family stereo so that was it but man, did I play the shit out of this album over those early years.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

More Cliff to finish this day off. Rest in Peace.

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

First track released from High Command's upcoming full-length in November:

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I'd never heard his band until today but this album not only rips, it has some great moments of brilliance and musicality throughout.

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:00 pm A lot of big anniversaries recently - Vol 4 turned 50 the other day and today the recording of Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil turns 40 - the album was released 2 months later on November 27th, 1982

This album was what started it all for me, not only did I get introduced to Black Sabbath but Brad Gillis' playing on this album really piqued my interest and desire to get an electric guitar. I got this on cassette through the old Columbia House Music Club with however many albums you got for a penny on your first order - I got so many memories of playing this on my old tape recorder, one of those things with the handle and one speaker...I didn't have a proper cassette player at the time on the family stereo so that was it but man, did I play the shit out of this album over those early years.

nice

I'm 99% sure this was my first Ozzy album purchase .. had heard sabbath but hadn't bought any albums until I saw this cover and I had to have it. Brad KILLS on this and Ozzy's vocals are identical to the ones on Tribute which is awesome so just a great album. I think I told the story of my missing out on joining a Sabbath covers band because my Floyd Rose guitar was tuned to E and the band was tuned to C# so it was just a nightmare .. thanks Brad hahaha
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:07 am I'd never heard his band until today but this album not only rips, it has some great moments of brilliance and musicality throughout.

Before the vocals kicked in I got a bit of an old Sepultura vibe along with a bit of Helstar thrown in for good measure. Cool find brother!