Here's To Mick Mars

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Here's To Mick Mars

Post by Watson503 »

Mick is retiring from touring due to his health problems/pain from Ankylosing Spondylitis and this was being talked about recently with the rumors of John 5 joining the band. Shout At The Devil is one of the main reasons I ever wanted an electric guitar - seeing the video for Looks That Kill when it first came out and Mick and Nikki with those BC Rich's...the next year for Christmas I got my first electric, an Ibanez Roadstar II and Motley with Ozzy was the first concert I ever saw as a kid. It's pretty amazing the dude is still playing considering the pain he must live with, it's a testament to how much he loves playing the damn guitar.

Motley Crue Guitarist Mick Mars Retires From Touring

Motley Crue has announced that guitarist and founding member Mick Mars is retiring from touring.

A statement from the band, published by Variety, noted that Mars' retirement was "due to his ongoing painful struggle with Ankylosing Spondylitis (A.S.)." The statement further clarified that "Mick will continue as a member of the band, but can no longer handle the rigors of the road."

Mars had always been the elder statesman of Motley Crue. Born in 1951 (though some have questioned the accuracy of that year), the rocker originally named Robert Alan Deal was more than seven years older than all of his Crue bandmates. Health issues plagued Mars throughout his career, most notably the aforementioned ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis that has gradually impaired his movement.

This is certainly not the first time one of the core members of Motley Crue has departed. Among the more memorable lineup changes, frontman Vince Neil was replaced by John Corabi from 1992 to '96, and drummer Tommy Lee left the group for three years around the turn of the millennium to pursue other musical endeavors. Still, Mars has been a mainstay in the famously volatile band. Assuming this is indeed the end of his touring Crue tenure, the final stop of the Stadium Tour, Sept. 9 in Las Vegas, will prove to have been his last performance with the group.

Motley Crue recently announced plans for a 2023 world tour alongside Def Leppard, who co-headlined the wildly successful 2022 Stadium Tour trek. The band has not yet officially named a replacement for Mars in their touring lineup.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley- ... s-retires/
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Here's To Mick Mars

Post by RockyStar »

John 5 would be a good fit. Mick has always been cool in my book. Great sounds and playing from him on those songs.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Re: Here's To Mick Mars

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:12 am Shout At The Devil is one of the main reasons I ever wanted an electric guitar - seeing the video for Looks That Kill when it first came out and Mick and Nikki with those BC Rich's...the next year for Christmas I got my first electric, an Ibanez Roadstar II and Motley with Ozzy was the first concert I ever saw as a kid
Man i'm super jealous that you got to see Ozzy on the BArk tour

I don't get the bit where they say Mick is still a member but won't tour, which suggests he will still record with them ... but given Sts of LA was DJ Asba and not Mick this statement makes no sense what so ever haha

I just hope Mick finally release the solo album he has been working on for a decade and that he gets Corabi to sing on it like was the original plan