Does Anyone Know (rig-talk.com)?

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

Does Anyone Know (rig-talk.com)?

Post by Ritchie's Party Hat »

If anyone over at rig-talk.com really plays their guitars?

Did some research -

Looks like they do 7 times more selling of their gear than playing it over there, and that's in about half the amount of time passed comparatively.

Videos and Music Clip Collective

Nov 29, 2008 - Oct 25, 2022 (14 years)

1.7K threads

Member Classifieds

Sep 15, 2016 - Nov 5, 2022 (6 years)

12.5K threads

Data points very strongly towards rig-talk.com being primarily a place to shill your wares or buy used gear.

Of course the Off Topic section would take the crown for the most threads by far of any category, but they reset all of that data when they went with the new schizophrenic Off Topic format; deleting all of the older threads and posts.
"You raise the blade, you make the change"

"Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way"

Pink Floyd
PLX
Executive

Re: Does Anyone Know (rig-talk.com)?

Post by PLX »

I've always had the perception Rig Talk was a bunch of gear-flippers.

Being on there for about 3 weeks hasn't changed that. :|

They even poke at each other about.. some guy buys a new guitar, even though he already has 17 at home.

They're like, "I give it a month before he puts it up for sale here in the classifieds." :lol:
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

There are a few people that are always posting new acquisitions and within a week or so they are for sale. It is a horrible sickness really. I have seen countless people buy the same thing several times thinking it will be better or different the next time or because they didn't give it a fair chance the first time. It is interesting to say the least. I have learned to be happy with what I have and just play and enjoy myself. Life is too short to be wasting time chasing stuff that probably in the end doesn't matter all that much. At least it is to me.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

RockyStar wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:56 am There are a few people that are always posting new acquisitions and within a week or so they are for sale. It is a horrible sickness really. I have seen countless people buy the same thing several times thinking it will be better or different the next time or because they didn't give it a fair chance the first time. It is interesting to say the least. I have learned to be happy with what I have and just play and enjoy myself. Life is too short to be wasting time chasing stuff that probably in the end doesn't matter all that much. At least it is to me.
napalmdeath
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:06 am
RockyStar wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:56 am There are a few people that are always posting new acquisitions and within a week or so they are for sale. It is a horrible sickness really. I have seen countless people buy the same thing several times thinking it will be better or different the next time or because they didn't give it a fair chance the first time. It is interesting to say the least. I have learned to be happy with what I have and just play and enjoy myself. Life is too short to be wasting time chasing stuff that probably in the end doesn't matter all that much. At least it is to me.
napalmdeath
Actually... it goes like this...Received new guitar/amp/pedal......posts NAD/NPD/NGD and it kick absolute ass... the best thing I ever bought... you guys gotta try one of these.........less than a month later....Selling said item because I am repurchasing another previous item that I stupidly let go because that item was the absolute ass kicker I shit you not... you guys are stupid for not getting one of these said items.......ANNNNND One month later........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wash...RInse...Repeat....The pattern of behavior is quite interesting isn't it.............. :roll: :lol: :? :o :( ;) :) :D :ugeek: :|
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Honestly... I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy the same amps over and over and over as that guy.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:30 pm Honestly... I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy the same amps over and over and over as that guy.
The other weird thing (like lll said before) they never post audio clips..

The few that do, it's always that CHUGGA-CHUGGA-REEEEEEEEEEEEE-CHUG-CH-CHUGGA-SQUEEEEE ! shit.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

A small handful at best actually play the guitar over there.

The rest are paid posters or Bordas Media employees with multiple ALTs whose job is to keep their forum looking active.

And the scumbag leftist trolls with multiple ALTs who stir up shit with clueless posters like PLX to keep their forum looking active.

Finally, the constant gear flippers.

Pathetic. :roll:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.