Executive

Re: Hey Mang Women Hater tone

Post by PLX »

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:15 am
Sounds good....it's not woofy like your previous 12H-30 NUNO clips were. What Hz is this IR? 75 or 55HZ?

I assume this BBE sonic blaster is a BBE sonic maximizer in the mix now? So what did you do different with the 12H-30 IR, it sound nice and crisp even though your Vintage 30 IR seemed to work as well.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:52 pm Sounds good....it's not woofy like your previous 12H-30 NUNO clips were. What Hz is this IR? 75 or 55HZ?

I assume this BBE sonic blaster is a BBE sonic maximizer in the mix now? So what did you do different with the 12H-30 IR, it sound nice and crisp even though your Vintage 30 IR seemed to work as well.
It's getting better. It's a steep learning curve. ;)

I spend so much time EQ'ing while recording - trying to get the tone.. and then I go back the next day and listen to it and hear a bunch of low-end that just doesn't sound right at all.

I have quite a few EQ plugins.. some I have never even used, so I'm trying a new one now. It's the Neve 1073 plugin. It can work as either a pre-amp or an EQ.

Same speaker IR's that seem to sound best for the Nuno riffs, English made Celestion Vintage 30's.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:14 pm
It's getting better. It's a steep learning curve. ;)

I spend so much time EQ'ing while recording - trying to get the tone.. and then I go back the next day and listen to it and hear a bunch of low-end that just doesn't sound right at all.

I have quite a few EQ plugins.. some I have never even used, so I'm trying a new one now. It's the Neve 1073 plugin. It can work as either a pre-amp or an EQ.

Same speaker IR's that seem to sound best for the Nuno riffs, English made Celestion Vintage 30's.
Ok...now you are confusing me...Is the speaker in the above clip a 12H-30 or a Vintage 30? Your clip title says 12H-30... :? :? :? :?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:52 am Ok...now you are confusing me...Is the speaker in the above clip a 12H-30 or a Vintage 30? Your clip title says 12H-30... :? :? :? :?
There not the same thing :?:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

NOPE..............Are you pulling my leg here? :roll: Two completely different animals.... :? The Vintage 30 was not made until 1986....

12H-30 = 30 watts
Vintage 30 = 60watts

https://celestion.com/blog/vintage-30-a-tonal-history/

The History of the Celestion Vintage 30
In 1986 Celestion was faced with the task of building a new modern speaker to meet the demands of harder rock amplifiers. Guitarists in the ’80s required a speaker that could handle more power and overdrive. Before the Vintage 30 was the Greenback. The Greenback is a great speaker in the right amplifier but it suffers in higher wattage amplifier.

Celestions answer to this issue was to build a new speaker design from the ground up. Celestion created a new cone and voice coil coupled with their “H” Magnet. Celestion called the vintage 30 “the most detailed speaker of all time”! With a statement like that, it has to be good, right? The Vintage 30 had dynamic and complex overtones not yet heard in a speaker of its generation.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:00 am NOPE..............Are you pulling my leg here? :roll: Two completely different animals.... :? The Vintage 30 was not made until 1986....

12H-30 = 30 watts
Vintage 30 = 60watts

https://celestion.com/blog/vintage-30-a-tonal-history/

The History of the Celestion Vintage 30
In 1986 Celestion was faced with the task of building a new modern speaker to meet the demands of harder rock amplifiers. Guitarists in the ’80s required a speaker that could handle more power and overdrive. Before the Vintage 30 was the Greenback. The Greenback is a great speaker in the right amplifier but it suffers in higher wattage amplifier.

Celestions answer to this issue was to build a new speaker design from the ground up. Celestion created a new cone and voice coil coupled with their “H” Magnet. Celestion called the vintage 30 “the most detailed speaker of all time”! With a statement like that, it has to be good, right? The Vintage 30 had dynamic and complex overtones not yet heard in a speaker of its generation.
I see what it is.. I don't have that IR.

I do have this one: Celestion G12H 55Hz.. but it doesn't say "30 watt".

It might be the correct speaker though, I just don't know. I was using that other one because it said it was a 30 watt.

edit: Ok, I went to the Celestion site and it is the correct speaker:

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Whatever speaker it is...it sounds good. :lol:
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:15 pm Whatever speaker it is...it sounds good. :lol:
It's the one in the picture.

Honestly, I spent like 2 hours last night A/B ing that speaker with the Celestion Vintage 30 without changing anything ells..

The Vintage 30 just sounds a lot better to me. Prolly has a lot to do with the difference in gear I'm using between what Nuno used on those early records.

The G12H 55Hz 30 watt just has thing grating sound on the high end.