Rig Talk

Politics go here - rats, crybabies & commies will get curb stomped
GTX
FNG

Rig Talk

Post by GTX »

While I think it's great that there's a forum for discussing political issues, the Rig Talk forum is being overrun. I'm not saying Rig Talk FOS is a "honeypot" to lure traditionalist voices away from Rig Talk... I do however think that long time Rig Talk members shouldn't abandon the forum. Why not post on both forums?
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Rig Talk

Post by harddriver »

Being overrun by who? Bots or the Leftist mindset?

I did notice that politics is even bleeding into the regular threads because it seems they crave the discourse.

I do think people tend to gravitate to familiarity. It's a shame more of the newly joined members aren't participating in RTFOS more.

I was hoping to see more participation but time will tell.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I'm at the point where I don't even care to share cyberspace with these people anymore. This forum provides a place for discussions about guitar and gear with the freedom to speak openly in off-topic discussions which is all positive to me.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Watson503 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:38 pm I'm at the point where I don't even care to share cyberspace with these people anymore. This forum provides a place for discussions about guitar and gear with the freedom to speak openly in off-topic discussions which is all positive to me.
As much as I like trading barbs with the intellectually deficient and burying them with, real history, facts, figures, science and applying a real scientific method... I finally realized it isn't about any of those scientific factual aspects to them. It's about "SCIENTISM" they embrace it like a religion yet claim to be atheist's or agnostics, yet Scientism, Climate change and other left wing ideologies is their religion and most of the them hate religion, it really is a truly oxymoronic situation. They live only to have their version of reality reinforced and no amount of arguing, namecalling, elaborating on knowable factual information(LIKE POSTING DIRECT LINKS TO THE FDA AND CDC), showing them the real CDC death count regarding the vaxxx, actual Pfizer documents, actual Vaxxx consent forms. None of it matters, they will deride and ridicule any information that contradicts their agenda or narratives as misinformation/disinformation even if that information comes from the ones they are claiming are the arbiters of....

"SCIENCE"

It almost seems like a version of Stockholm Syndrome......

I'm right there with you Watson, considering what I have experienced I now know how cult leader Jim Jones got his followers to drink the "KOOL AID" I just don't have the desire to enter the arena with them... because it is to no avail.
GTX
FNG

Post by GTX »

"Rig Talk Feedback" is now the unofficial off-topic section.