RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Fluoride - Bad Stuff

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: Fluoride - Bad Stuff

Post by Watson503 »

"But they add fluoride to public water supplies to help prevent cavities and keep people's teeth healthy!" - every random brain-dead person you'll encounter when asked about this.

Meanwhile...fluoride is not meant to be swallowed and only applied topically - that's why every single tube of toothpaste tells you NOT to swallow it!

Also:
Is fluoride good for teeth?
Short Answer: Not when swallowed.

Long Answer: Back in the 1950s, when fluoride was believed to be a “nutrient,” dentists believed fluoride needed to be swallowed to be most effective at preventing cavities. That is why fluoride was added to things that people swallow: water and prescription pills (fluoride supplements). Today, however, dental researchers overwhelmingly agree that fluoride’s main benefit to teeth (whatever that may be) comes from topical application, not ingestion. Even if one believes that fluoride is good for teeth, therefore, there is no need to swallow it.

This helps explain why countries that do not fluoridate water (most western nations) have tooth decay rates that are just as low as the few western nations that do fluoridate water. Similarly, most researchers now concede that swallowing fluoride supplements is not an effective way to prevent cavities. Adding fluoride to water or pills is neither necessary, nor effective.
There is no critical thinking amongst the masses. And here we are.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I stopped using fluoride toothpaste about 4 years ago. I have never had cavities my whole life but since switching absolutely no issues and my dentist's is amazed that I have no plaque build up whatsoever on my teeth when I get them cleaned. Plus I'm sure my Pineal gland thanks me for stopping the calcification process.... 8-)

I use Hello Flouride free toothpaste. There is another brand called Toms that I have used. Both are good.

I used Crest for years until I realized it was poison.

There was a certain group that learned that if you put fluoride in the drinking water of a concentration camp it pacified the residents............

I read it was pure elemental fluoride that was beneficial to teeth NOT SODIUM FLUORIDE which is a waste product from Aluminum production.
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

harddriver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:04 pm
I use Hello Flouride free toothpaste.
Great stuff!
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

In case you haven't noticed most African people have beautiful teeth. No fluoride in the water to cause fluorosis on the teeth. ;)