For those who study the bible...

Politics go here - rats, crybabies & commies will get curb stomped
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

For those who study the bible...

Post by RockyStar »

I stumbled across this and found it both interesting and accurate so I thought I would post it and give you something to ponder.

Jesus was an Israelite. He was a direct descendant of Levi through Aaron. Levi was a son of Jacob. Jacob was named Israel by God. Jesus was also a direct descendant of Judah through David. Judah was also a son of Jacob. Jacob’s sons were the first Israelites. Jesus was specifically an Israelite because he was a direct descendant of two of the sons of Jacob/Israel.
>>>
Why then, does everyone say that Jesus was a Jew? Most people think that Jesus was a Jew, but Jesus was an Israelite, not a Jew. Israelites were the ones who were called the chosen people of God. Edomites, and their descendants, now called Jews, are not the chosen people. The fact that modern day Jews want us to think they are descended from Israelites is one of the greatest intentional lies, or misunderstandings, in all of history.
>>>
First, was Jesus a Jew as far as his religion was concerned? No, his religion was Hebrewism; or, as we now call it, the Religion of the Old Testament. That religion was the religion of the Hebrews and the Israelites, and was based on the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. Jesus criticized the Jews, or Pharisees, for establishing Judaism which is based on the Talmud, and which at the time of Jesus was still called the Tradition of the Elders.
>>>
Second, was Jesus a Jew by ancestry? Jews were not Israelites as they were not descended from Jacob. They were descended from Esau, the brother of Jacob. While both were grandsons of Abraham and sons of Isaac, Jacob was favored by God. Esau’s descendants were called Edomites, and later they were called Jews since many of them were then living in Judea because the Edomites had been captured by John Hyrcanus and forced to convert to the religion then in place in Judea. Jesus stated in Matthew, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” When Jesus sent his disciples out to spread his message he told them, “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” The Jews were not a part of the sheep of the house of Israel that Jesus talked about. Note that it is not the fact that the Jews did not believe in the message of Jesus that made them not of his sheep. Jesus knew that it was because they were not of his sheep that they did not believe in his message. Therefore, Jesus in his own words gave us proof that the Jews were not of his sheep, the house of Israel. They were not Israelites. Jesus knew that they didn’t have the same religion or ancestry that he had.
>>>
The Jews at the time of Jesus were not a part of any tribe of Israel, including the Tribe of Judah. They were a mixture of Babylonians, Cannanites, Hittites, but mainly Edomites. The Jews of today are the descendants of those people. Jesus was not a Jew but was actually an Israelite, as he was descended from Levi through Aaron and Zadok. He was also an Israelite because he was descended from Judah through David. Both Levi and Judah were sons of Jacob who was renamed Israel by God. During his ministry Jesus had many battles with the Pharisees who were Edomite Jews, and not Israelites. The Pharisees were not respected by Jesus because they enforced the Tradition of the Elders, later known as Judaism, which Jesus did not accept. Also, Jesus did not respect them because he knew that they were Edomite Jews and not Israelites.
>>>
Jesus was of the religion of Hebrewism, or, as we call it today, the Religion of the Old Testament, and he was an Israelite of the Tribes of Levi and Judah. So, contrary to what is said or written about Jesus being a Jew, he was not a Jew either by religion or by ancestry.

HOW CAN THE JEWS who oppose their own Messiah, Jesus Christ, be the “Chosen People?” Did not St Paul, the Hebrew of Hebrews, say that the Jews are the enemies of the Cross? (Philippians 3)
>>>
When St Paul said, “The Jews killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets; they please not God but are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins away: for the wrath of God is come unto them to the uttermost,” did he not make it crystal clear that the Jews are not the “Chosen People?”
>>>
And did not Jesus Christ Himself reveal that the Jews are of the Synagogue of Satan? (Revelations 2). Jesus Christ also revealed that the Jews are not true Jews when He said to the Christians of Asia Minor, I will make them who say they are Jews but are not, but do lie, to come and worship before thy feet. (Revelations 3).
>>>
How then can the so-called Jews who are now the enemies of the Cross and of the Synagogue of Satan, and who must worship at the feet of Christians, be the “Chosen People?”
>>>
Jesus Christ the Messiah of Israel denounced the Jews for rejecting Him when He said, Behold your house is left unto you desolate. And you shall not see Me until you say, Blessed is He Who cometh in the name of the Lord. (Matthew 23) How then can the Jews whose house is now desolate be the “Chosen People?”
>>>
How then can the Jews whose house is now desolate be the “Chosen People?” When the Jews cast in their teeth that they were the seed of Abraham, Jesus replied, “You are of your father of the devil who was a murderer from the beginning.” (John 8).
>>>
Indeed the Jews committed the crime of all crimes, namely, Deicide, when they brought Jesus Christ to Pontius Pilate demanding that Jesus Christ be crucified even when Pilate judged Christ innocent and desired to set Him free. (Matthew 27).
>>>
How then can the Jews, whose father is the devil, and they being murderers like the devil himself by crucifying the Lord of Glory, be the “Chosen People?”
>>>
DID NOT JESUS CHRIST say, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees! For you compass sea and land to make one proselyte. And when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves?” (Matthew 23).
>>>
Even secular Jews defer to the rabbis as their leaders when it comes to interpreting Jewish dogma. How then can the Jews who are children of hell be the “Chosen People?”
>>>
How could the Jews to whom Jesus Christ said, Because you do not believe, you are not of my sheep be the “Chosen People?” (John 10). For to this day the majority of the Jews do not believe in Jesus Christ. What then is their “chosen-ness” if they are not of the Messiah’s sheep?
>>>
St John the apostle said, “Many deceivers are gone out into the world who deny that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and Anti-Christ.” (II John 1). How then can the Jews who to this day deny that Jesus Christ the eternal Son of God became man for our salvation be the “Chosen People?” Will we be “deceived” by the Jews that they are the Chosen People? What then is the Jews’ “chosen-ness?”
>>>
In the book of Revelations it is written: But the fearful and the unbelieving and the liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire. This is the second death.
1. The Jews are fearful of death.
2. They do not believe in the God of the Bible but in the god of the Talmud.
3. The Jews are liars. For they say that they are God’s chosen people when God says that they are an “accursed people” because of their sins. (Isaiah 66:20).
Thus the only “chosen-ness” of the Jews is their being chosen to experience the “second death,” that is, the “lake of fire.”
>>>
MOSES, whom the Jews boast as being their hero pronounced a blessing and a curse on the Jews. God, said Moses, would bless the Jews if they showed their love for Him by accepting the “Prophet” Whose teachings would be required of the Jews. (Deuteronomy 13).

But the Jews crucified the “Prophet” rather than receiving His teachings on repentance and confession of his Divine right to demand obedience. Thus the curses that Moses pronounced upon the Jews have been the Jews’ experience over the last 2000 years. (Deuteronomy 28).
>>>
Hated, persecuted, censured, (rightly so), wandering from nation to nation when expelled from their host nations, and wreaking havoc wherever they go in their hatred of Christianity, the Jews have indeed experienced the curses predicted of them by Moses and the desolation that Jesus Christ predicted of the Jews for rejecting Him.
>>>
JEWS ARE NOT THE “Chosen People.” Christians are the “Chosen People.” God said to Abraham, “I will bless them that bless thee and curse them that curse thee. And in thy seed all of the nations shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:26).
>>>
What “blessings” have the Jews brought to the world since 33 A.D.? Just read today’s headlines and one can clearly see that “curses” have been brought upon society by the Jews.
>>>
The War in Iraq serves only the interests of the Jews and their promotion of the Christ-hating State of Israel. The tragedy of the World Trade Center was a result of the Zionist agenda. The secularization of Western society is caused by the Jews, which has debased the morals of once Christian nations, now rife with the abominations of anal sex of homosexuals and the perverse sexual conduct of lesbians, and biological sex conversions. Jews are on the forefront of promoting these perverse “alternate life-styles.” Are all of these things “blessings” from the so-called, “seed of Abraham,” the Jews? No. These are all “curses” brought upon us by the “seed of the devil,” the Jews.
>>>
Christians ARE God’s “Chosen People” – Not Jews. Christians are the “seed of Abraham.” This is what St Paul the Hebrew of Hebrews said over and over again. Here is one instance of St Paul’s many assertions that Christians NOT JEWS are the seed of Abraham: “If ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed.” (Galatians 3:29).
>>>
WHEN JESUS CHRIST said to his disciples, “I have chosen you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain,” Christians were sealed as God’s Chosen People for all time.
>>>
Jews can share in the Christians’ “chosen-ness.” Jews do not have to continue in a state of “accursedness” and “desolation.” Jesus Christ offers the Jews the chance to embrace Him and have His blessed name called upon them. Yes, Jews, if they will repent can be called Christians too!
>>>
THIS. IS. THE. TRUTH.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do a lot of research for the things I don't understand, so the information I provide here is the result from said research in brief, hoping to resolve some of the confusion.
>>>
Is it Jesus, Yahweh, Yeshua or Yehovah?
>>>
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." - Matthew 1:21.
>>>
Jesus is Not a Translation of the Name Yahweh. Jesus is actually an English name that derives from the Hebrew name Yeshua (also Yehoshua or Joshua), not Yahweh. To call the second Person of the Trinity by the name of Yahweh, rather than Jesus, fails to acknowledge His incarnation and atoning work. The name “Jesus” tells us of His mission and His works, and it’s very clear from the apostle Peter’s words that it is accurate and appropriate for us to use this name:
>>>
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead.…Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10, 12 )
>>>
The name Yeshua alone does not proclaim Jesus as the Messiah of Israel or the Lord and Savior of mankind. Remember, there were other men named Yeshua in the Bible…. and they were nothing more than mere mortal men. If a Christian desires to use the Hebrew name, Yeshua, it is certainly acceptable. However, it would be good to include one of Jesus’ titles so He is clearly identified as the Son of God. Call Him Yeshua Ha Mashiach, which is translated into English as Jesus the Messiah. Another Hebrew title that could be coupled with the name Yeshua is, Ha Moshiach. Yeshua Ha Moshia is translated as Jesus the Savior and that clearly proclaims Jesus to be the promised Redeemer.
>>>
In the English language, the name of Jesus is universally recognized as the name of our King (Mashiach in Hebrew) and of our Lord (Yahweh in Hebrew) and of our Savior (Moshia in Hebrew). Just as it is suggested to add His titles to the Hebrew name Yeshua, Christians would do well to add His full title to the English name Jesus and call Him the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>>
Yahweh is the pronunciation of the covenant name of God, YHVH (Yehovah is another pronunciation, of which Jehovah is the Anglicized form). God first used this name when He spoke with Abram (Abraham) in Gen 15:7:
>>>
“And he said unto him, I am the LORD [YHVH, Yehovah, Yahweh] that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.”
>>>
Do we pray to God or to Jesus Christ?
>>>
The Holy Trinity - God The Father, God The Son Jesus Christ, and God The Holy Spirit, symbolizes God Almighty in three distinct Persons - all three Persons are co-eternal, co-equal, and co-existent. Having said that, we must pray to God in Jesus Christ's name because this is the only way God has approved for us to approach Him. Jesus said:
>>>
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) Jesus also told his faithful apostles: “Most truly I say to you, If you ask the Father for anything he will give it to you in my name.” - John 16:23.
>>>
So at the end of your prayer to God, Christians would do well to add "In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen!".

Heavenly Father
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen.