What's On Your Mind Thread

Yakk about life, death, taxes and how juicy that last steak was that you grilled
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: What's On Your Mind Thread

Post by RockyStar »

Justice
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

When you write a song in 4/4 that you think sounds great and is "easy" for all involved then after a week you start to think the last bar of the main riff could be better ... so you write a new part that every says "man that is way better" ... but then it turns out that it means the last bar goes to 5/4, thus making it way more time consuming to do the drums for (for a non drummer like me) hahahahahahahahaha
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm "I can't play V's sitting down like regular shaped guitars..."

exactly .. sitting with a V actually puts the guitar in exactly the same place as playing standing so for me a V is the perfect guitar
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

sytharnia NZ wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:51 am
Watson503 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm "I can't play V's sitting down like regular shaped guitars..."

exactly .. sitting with a V actually puts the guitar in exactly the same place as playing standing so for me a V is the perfect guitar
Yep.

That's how I sit with my Dean ML's
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

PLX wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:14 am

Yep.

That's how I sit with my Dean ML's
wow really? good man ... when I had a Charvel Star I just sat like with a strat .. which is just lazy haha
Last edited by sytharnia NZ on Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I only play in the classical position anymore if I'm seated - I feel it has good carryover to playing standing, too.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:49 am I only play in the classical position anymore if I'm seated - I feel it has good carryover to playing standing, too.
Yeah, that's exactly right :!:

I started off at 11-years-old playing a nylon strung acoustic, and to this day when I sit with a pointy guitar I hold it exactly the same way - "classical position".
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

PLX wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:32 am
Watson503 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:49 am I only play in the classical position anymore if I'm seated - I feel it has good carryover to playing standing, too.
Yeah, that's exactly right :!:

I started off at 11-years-old playing a nylon strung acoustic, and to this day when I sit with a pointy guitar I hold it exactly the same way - "classical position".
Ergonomically speaking there is no better way to play IMO. It is the most comfortable and natural way to play sitting down. Any other way and something is out of alignment and or brings tension to some part of the body. Could be back, wrists, neck, etc.
Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

I went to HEB to do the majority of our grocery shopping last week and a dozen and a half eggs were $4.46 so I figured I'd wait and buy them at Aldi. We went today to Aldi and a DOZEN eggs were $4.19....up until the past few months a dozen eggs there were only $.69...Biden's America.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Watson503 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:15 am I went to HEB to do the majority of our grocery shopping last week and a dozen and a half eggs were $4.46 so I figured I'd wait and buy them at Aldi. We went today to Aldi and a DOZEN eggs were $4.19....up until the past few months a dozen eggs there were only $.69...Biden's America.
Yep.

I get groceries at the original HEB in Kerrville, and the kids they hire to bag your groceries are like NPC's.

I pay for my cart full of food and as soon as I hit the exit door threshold, one of the fucking wheels on the shopping cart locks-up.. you know, like it does when you run over a little rock or something.

So, there I am looking down at the wheels, trying to back the cart off whatever I think I've run onto, when this woman comes outta nowehere with a digital device in her hands.

She explains they (whoever is watching on video surveillance) decide to trigger the wheel lock on my cart. :?

I'm like.. "What ?"

She explains all the shopping carts now have one wheel that's radio controlled and they can lock it. She goes, "It looks like you went through a checkout lane." And she unlocks the wheel.

I'm just looking at her and going, "What ?" She further explains, "We've had so many people come in here and fill a cart, then just push it out the door without paying."

So then I go, "Well, whoever is watching me and decided to lock my shopping cart also watched me go thru the fucking checkout lane and pay $250.."

She had no answer for that. :x