What's On Your Mind Thread

Yakk about life, death, taxes and how juicy that last steak was that you grilled
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: What's On Your Mind Thread

Post by Watson503 »

PLX wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:24 am
Watson503 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:15 am I went to HEB to do the majority of our grocery shopping last week and a dozen and a half eggs were $4.46 so I figured I'd wait and buy them at Aldi. We went today to Aldi and a DOZEN eggs were $4.19....up until the past few months a dozen eggs there were only $.69...Biden's America.
Yep.

I get groceries at the original HEB in Kerrville, and the kids they hire to bag your groceries are like NPC's.

I pay for my cart full of food and as soon as I hit the exit door threshold, one of the fucking wheels on the shopping cart locks-up.. you know, like it does when you run over a little rock or something.

So, there I am looking down at the wheels, trying to back the cart off whatever I think I've run onto, when this woman comes outta nowehere with a digital device in her hands.

She explains they (whoever is watching on video surveillance) decide to trigger the wheel lock on my cart. :?

I'm like.. "What ?"

She explains all the shopping carts now have one wheel that's radio controlled and they can lock it. She goes, "It looks like you went through a checkout lane." And she unlocks the wheel.

I'm just looking at her and going, "What ?" She further explains, "We've had so many people come in here and fill a cart, then just push it out the door without paying."

So then I go, "Well, whoever is watching me and decided to lock my shopping cart also watched me go thru the fucking checkout lane and pay $250.."

She had no answer for that. :x
HA!!!!! I experienced the wheel lock at HEB over the summer when I got my cart, always go in by the pharmacy but wanted a watermelon so took my empty cart across the store and out the opposite side outside to where they had the watermelons - just like you said, immediately this little chick came running out with that device and unlocked my cart and apologized. I was wondering about that so that makes sense they're triggering that shit from their LP office.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: What's On Your Mind Thread

Post by harddriver »

PLX wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:24 am
Watson503 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:15 am I went to HEB to do the majority of our grocery shopping last week and a dozen and a half eggs were $4.46 so I figured I'd wait and buy them at Aldi. We went today to Aldi and a DOZEN eggs were $4.19....up until the past few months a dozen eggs there were only $.69...Biden's America.
Yep.

I get groceries at the original HEB in Kerrville, and the kids they hire to bag your groceries are like NPC's.

I pay for my cart full of food and as soon as I hit the exit door threshold, one of the fucking wheels on the shopping cart locks-up.. you know, like it does when you run over a little rock or something.

So, there I am looking down at the wheels, trying to back the cart off whatever I think I've run onto, when this woman comes outta nowehere with a digital device in her hands.

She explains they (whoever is watching on video surveillance) decide to trigger the wheel lock on my cart. :?

I'm like.. "What ?"

She explains all the shopping carts now have one wheel that's radio controlled and they can lock it. She goes, "It looks like you went through a checkout lane." And she unlocks the wheel.

I'm just looking at her and going, "What ?" She further explains, "We've had so many people come in here and fill a cart, then just push it out the door without paying."

So then I go, "Well, whoever is watching me and decided to lock my shopping cart also watched me go thru the fucking checkout lane and pay $250.."

She had no answer for that. :x
Attack of the Killer Shopping Carts................................ :lol: That's what happens when they legalized theft............Now everyone suffers stupidity........I guess that cart had the Klaus option...........no Food for you............... :roll: