Jamie's Cryin & Feel Your Love Tonight (BEODD + 66 Deluxe)

lll
Middle Manager

Jamie's Cryin & Feel Your Love Tonight (BEODD + 66 Deluxe)

Post by lll »

More VH1 with this setup

Tard Is Cryin':

Feel Your Tard Tonight:
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
PLX
Executive

Re: Jamie's Cryin & Feel Your Love Tonight (BEODD + 66 Deluxe)

Post by PLX »

The JC track could not be any closer to the album tone :!:

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Are you using the 1176, or Pultec EQs on these here :?:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:04 am Are you using the 1176, or Pultec EQs on these here :?:
No 1176 used.

Pultec MEQ-5: 1KHz @ "2" on the knob (cut)
Pultec EQP-1: 30Hz @ "8.2" on the knob (boost)

MEQ-5 off on right side "intro solo" track (more mids)
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

BTW the little "crying" into solo (and outro) he does on the right channel... that's where I think they first used the Eventide for Ed. If you listen to the ISO of it, it has that pitch shift thing going; you can really hear it with the bend releases; overall it's subtle.

Hence why I've always said I thought Ed first used Eventide on 1st album (instead of 2nd album, where it definitely shows up, for ex. "Women In Love" intro). I did not use Eventide in my clip, however.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

lll wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:57 am BTW the little "crying" into solo (and outro) he does on the right channel... that's where I think they first used the Eventide for Ed. If you listen to the ISO of it, it has that pitch shift thing going; you can really hear it with the bend releases; overall it's subtle.

Hence why I've always said I thought Ed first used Eventide on 1st album (instead of 2nd album, where it definitely shows up, for ex. "Women In Love" intro). I did not use Eventide in my clip, however.
I think it was Jim Gaustad who also said they used the Eventide as early as the first record, but it very subtle.
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

PLX wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:32 pm
lll wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:57 am BTW the little "crying" into solo (and outro) he does on the right channel... that's where I think they first used the Eventide for Ed. If you listen to the ISO of it, it has that pitch shift thing going; you can really hear it with the bend releases; overall it's subtle.

I think it was Jim Gaustad who also said they used the Eventide as early as the first record, but it very subtle.
You just *know* when Ed first heard the Eventide, he was like "far out, man". And instantly hooked. :lol: