Metroamp Forum

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
PLX
Executive

Metroamp Forum

Post by PLX »

Haven't looked at that forum in a long time. A Google search for some electronic info took me there today.

Noticed those two faggots "Mighty Mike" and "Jimi James" are no longer moderators on the site.

:lol:
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Re: Metroamp Forum

Post by harddriver »

I was there not long ago and it was dead..... no traffic barely any new posts. Sad really...
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:34 am I was there not long ago and it was dead..... no traffic barely any new posts. Sad really...
It's been dead for many years now. That's why I quit even looking at the site.

I'm glad I had the forethought to save every schematic, picture, and lots of useful data to my hard drive years ago. They started having server crashes. The site would be down for weeks - come back and all the pictures would be gone. :x

Mark A. started deleting all his posts. Hell, there's stuff that I know for a fact was there, and now it's gone when I search for it.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

I never had any problems with Mighty Mike he wasn't around alot when I was on there the most, he would pop in and out. I bet Rockstah had alot of stuff to delete... we went down alot of roads of trial and error and we were open sourced about everything. Too bad Rgaloin lost all of his soundclick pages he had tons of clips, even one of the Fender bassman using the external speaker out jack like Ed did with his bandmaster, Rgalpin was a nut and really good dude. I imagine it was when Mark thought he had a winning design with the Mod5 and he was gonna be rich that he got weird like he found the holy grail.

The Mod 5 was alright it had the gain but still missed something at least the schematic of it that I tried on one 50 watt plexi build for my brother. I did not like it at all so I changed some values and I got it more plexish sounding but it was too hard for my brother to play, he couldn't pull off ED stuff well he was a mediocre player so the amp morphed into a Cameronish 2204 with a three way cathode switch with three cathode values for V1A, Plexi, 2204 and Cameron.

I was a ripping little amp, it was a Mojo JTM 45 kit converted to be a JMP 50.
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Here was my version of the Mod 5... Greenback cabinet, EVH ash Frankie with SD SeymorizerII Pickup 12K. Zoom recorder.

PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

harddriver wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 am ..I imagine it was when Mark thought he had a winning design with the Mod5 and he was gonna be rich that he got weird like he found the holy grail.

The Mod 5 was alright it had the gain but still missed something at least the schematic of it that I tried on one 50 watt plexi build for my brother..
I did the whole MOD5 thing to a 1989 Laney AOR 100W. Took it down to chassis and transformers, drilled and built the turret board by hand. SDM helped me get the MOD5 spec right, PPIMV and all.

I never liked it either - all that pre-amp gain running into an output section barely working. :|
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

@harddriver

You remember "Don Barzini" from metroamp ?

That's guy was a hoot! Always made me laugh. :D
harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »

Yeah he was funny, Barzini was also on RT but his sense of humor was a bit strange with the theme he picked.

Remember YMI5150 on Metro? Looks like he was trying to sell guitars. I found this on woodytone and a Stuntdouble fund banner on woodytone. Was this Jay guy on Metro?
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

I remember the "WoodyTone" guy, for sure.

He showed up late to the party. Missed the heyday of the whole EVH tone search thing on metroamp forum.

He started his own website and basically used lots of content he lifted from the metroamp forum (and others as well) to post articles on his own site.

Not really sure if that's him in the video, but the YouTube channel looks like it's the same guy.

Yeah, I remember YMI5150 too. I think almost everyone that was active on that forum back then started trying to make and sell boutique amps, effects pedals, guitars, etc, etc.. :lol:
lll
Middle Manager

Post by lll »

"Mighty Mike" and "Jimi James" plus a couple others ("Strat79") from the "cool kids club" are the reason why that place has been a ghost town for years.
The Democratic Party is a criminal organization and the enemy within of the United States of America.