TGP (The Gear Page) thegearpage.net

The good, the bad and the incredibly stupid
PLX
Executive

Re: TGP (The Gear Page) thegearpage.net

Post by PLX »

Monkey Man wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:26 pm AFAIK there aren't any mods from RT here yet. The mods over there... 3 of them who I can think of at least, are pretty-cool dudes and I doubt they would've given you any trouble.
Well, Ok then.. :lol: Dan the "Mailman" is a gutless coward.

He tried to perma-bant me for reasons I never could understand, so I wrote an e-mail to Bordas media and got my account reinstated.

Dan got a little slap-on-the-wrist from someone over at Bordas, and then he went around the forum pouting and posting about how "he wasn't gonna be active on rig-talk for a little while"..

:lol: good times.
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

Monkey Man wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:26 pm You'll have a hard time ruffling the feathers of the current membership. I mean, we're all RT defectors anyway. :lol:

In time snowflakes will start rolling in so feathers will be ruffled; it'll be unavoidable.

AFAIK there aren't any mods from RT here yet. The mods over there... 3 of them who I can think of at least, are pretty-cool dudes and I doubt they would've given you any trouble. There's always that bad apple that spoils the basket 'though.

In fact, that's one reason you won't see a team of mods here; inconsistency breeds malcontent. :geek:
I'm 100% sorry MM as I can't agree with you.

The way those 2 inconsistent cunts treated me over at RT was disgraceful.

I KEPT receiving pms from them telling me to leave the clown alone and yet the clown was attacking me & everyone plus others were attacking the clown and yet, I get banned.

Those 2 are a pair of two faced cunts that I would rather NOT have here. The ENTIRE reason this site exists is to get away from them AND anything to do with RT mgmt ?

Seriously, let them stay OVER there as it's their sandpit the way THEY like it. If you get them here they'll be a cancer.

At the end of the day what did they REALLY bring with their postings? Fucking nothing.....................
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

We're obviously not talking about the same mods. It'd be bad etiquette for me to drop names, being a mod myself, but I can assure you that at least a couple of them are very-cool and value freedom of speech greatly.

As I suggested earlier 'though, it only takes one or two bad apples. This in turn gets back to my firm belief in consistency and the fact that a team guarantees anomalous behaviour in the long term. Sorry to hear you guys copped unfair treatment. I remember your case, WGAF. Sux man.

Anyway, you guys can chillax now; no bogeymen / unknown quantities / inexplicable mod moves to be found here. The only surprises will come from members. :lol: 8-)
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

TGP is LEFT WING HARD. 99% of them are Democrats and hypocrites.

What others have written about being picked on, chastised etc etc is 100% true.

Peterson, Fat Cunt Mike and DGTCrazy are fascist Nazis the way they run that place.

I realise Fat Cunt Mike is NOT a mod anymore but none the less he has a legacy of being a cunt.

TGP mods aside there is also so many cliques over there it's a circle jerk of arrogant hypocritical Dems.

In the early mid 2000s it had some great members with massive contributions to the guitar community and they were ALL chased away by Mods, crazy Dem lawyer Dentist types etc....

At the end of the day, the site owners can run it their way but I wish they would say in their sign up Terms & Conditions they're hardcore WOKE Democrats & no Republicans or Trump supporters are welcome OR tolerated ever. ONLY THEN, we'd have nothing to complain about.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

WGAFISHOME wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:17 pm TGP is LEFT WING HARD. 99% of them are Democrats and hypocrites.

What others have written about being picked on, chastised etc etc is 100% true.

Peterson, Fat Cunt Mike and DGTCrazy are fascist Nazis the way they run that place.

I realise Fat Cunt Mike is NOT a mod anymore but none the less he has a legacy of being a cunt.

TGP mods aside there is also so many cliques over there it's a circle jerk of arrogant hypocritical Dems.

In the early mid 2000s it had some great members with massive contributions to the guitar community and they were ALL chased away by Mods, crazy Dem lawyer Dentist types etc....

At the end of the day, the site owners can run it their way but I wish they would say in their sign up Terms & Conditions they're hardcore WOKE Democrats & no Republicans or Trump supporters are welcome OR tolerated ever. ONLY THEN, we'd have nothing to complain about.
All true. Pretty much sums up my experience on TGP.

Mike is no longer a moderator. Not sure what happened, but he stopped being a mod after the site was sold. For what it's worth, Mike pretty much protected me from being banned for the first couple of years I was there.

I don't take crap off people on gear forums - never have.. So when the pillow-biters over on TGP started that "What do you mean by that ?" business with every post I made, I just told 'em what I thought. :lol:

Mike would PM me and say, "You can't say that here. They all want you bant.. Cool it a little bit." And then he would quietly delete my "snowflake offending / non-group-think / conservative opinion" posts.

Gotta give big mikey credit for that. They would have bant me in 2016 if it weren't for him. :roll:
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

Good on Mike. 8-)
American computer (Mac), American DAW (DP), American audio & MIDI interfaces (MOTU), American guitars & basses, Kemper Rack, ROMplers
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Ritchie's Party Hat
Office Gopher

Post by Ritchie's Party Hat »

PLX wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:35 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You raise the blade, you make the change"

"Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way"

Pink Floyd
Monkey Man
Office Gopher

Post by Monkey Man »

:lol:
WGAFISHOME
Recruit

Post by WGAFISHOME »

Ritchie's Party Hat wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 pm
PLX wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:35 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Well done, you're a legend.