What Are You Listening To?

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post by Watson503 »

Diary Of A madman turns 40 today...one of my all-time favorite, most loved albums, by far. I have great memories of listening to this on my old tape recorder, one of those things with one speaker and a handle...From the opener, Over The Mountain to the title track, all great songs. Little Dolls is probably my favorite even though I hear a lot of people say they don''t like it - S.A.T.O would be tied for second - just an all-around great, great album and Randy shines - he and Bob Daisley...what a fucking team those two were and they penned some amazing songs.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Watson503 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:12 am Diary Of A madman turns 40 today...one of my all-time favorite, most loved albums, by far. I have great memories of listening to this on my old tape recorder, one of those things with one speaker and a handle...From the opener, Over The Mountain to the title track, all great songs. Little Dolls is probably my favorite even though I hear a lot of people say they don''t like it - S.A.T.O would be tied for second - just an all-around great, great album and Randy shines - he and Bob Daisley...what a fucking team those two were and they penned some amazing songs.

100% agree ... LOVE Little Dolls with the "odd" tempo feel under the solos. The whole album is full of subtle and brilliant bits of weird timing that highlight how amazing the band was as a writing unit..that includes Ozzy too. His vocal melodies are a huge part of the secret sauce ... and hats off to Lee for coming up with the vocal melody for the title track
Last edited by sytharnia NZ on Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLX
Executive

Post by PLX »

Always go back and listen to that record every few years!

Here's a live clip of Perfect Circle playing a rendition of "Diary of a Madman".

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

^Actually just was listening to Exodus right now - Blacklist with Dukes on vocals. Going back to some old Flotsam And Jetsam now...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

^ Great stuff! No place for disgrace was heard yesterday.

sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

as a huge Bathory fan this must be one of the best things I have ever seen ... absolutely outstanding

Watson503
Middle Manager

Post by Watson503 »

It's Jr's birthday today so listened to some Megadeth (love his playing on this song) and now on to some Samhain

harddriver
Grand Poobah

Post by harddriver »