Chris Holmes Diagnosed With Throat & Neck Cancer

Yakk about your gear
Watson503
Middle Manager

Chris Holmes Diagnosed With Throat & Neck Cancer

Post by Watson503 »

Really hope for a full recovery and all of the best for Chris through this.

Former W.A.S.P. Guitarist CHRIS HOLMES Diagnosed With Throat And Neck Cancer
Former W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes has been diagnosed with a cancer in throat and neck. As a result, he has canceled his appearance aboard this year's Monsters Of Rock cruise. However, Holmes still expects to be able to complete his previously announced Canadian tour, which is scheduled to launch in Quebec City on May 5 and wrap up in Vancouver on May 28.

The news of the 63-year-old's diagnosis was shared earlier today by his wife and manager, Cathy-Sarah Holmes. She wrote on his Instagram account: "This post is not easy to write because of the personal nature of it and we would rather you hear it directly from us before stories and rumours start to circulate and by respect for all of you who love and support Chris , we feel that this is exactly what we need at this time. Recently Chris was diagnosed with a cancer in throat and neck but the medical team have assured us there has been no metastasis and this is a good news . He will have to start as soon as possible a treatment of 7 weeks.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/forme ... ck-cancer/

The first WASP album was huge for me as a kid when it came out, got to see them open for Maiden on the Powerslave tour which blew my mind...first Mustaine and now Holmes with this shit....
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Re: Chris Holmes Diagnosed With Throat & Neck Cancer

Post by RockyStar »

What a shame. This type of thing should never be.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Re: Chris Holmes Diagnosed With Throat & Neck Cancer

Post by sytharnia NZ »

Sad ... hopefully they found it early and he pulls through

I love is solo stuff ... No he can't sing to the point it is almost unlistenable BUT the attitude of the music and the "I don't give a fuck" ness of it is great