How Often Do You Play Guitar?

Yakk about your gear

How often do you play your musical instrument?

1) I don't play an instrument, I just love hanging out with this handsome bunch!
No votes
2) A few minutes a day, if I have them to spare.
No votes
3) I try to get at least 15 to 30 minutes in a day.
No votes
4) I play 30 minutes to an hour a day.
33%
5) I play more than an hour a day.
33%
6) I play more than two hours a day.
33%
7) I play three hours a day or more.
No votes
8) I only have time to play my instrument now and then throughout the week.
No votes
9) I play my instrument only a few times a month.
No votes
10) I really need to start playing again.
No votes

Total votes: 3

RockyStar
Grand Poobah

How Often Do You Play Guitar?

Post by RockyStar »

Some of us are into Playing / Writing / Recording / Performing more than others and that is perfectly fine. My question is how much time do you put towards the aspects you are passionate about?

Honestly, how often do you play guitar (your chosen instrument...easy now...:lol: )?
Watson503
Middle Manager

Re: How Often Do You Play Guitar?

Post by Watson503 »

i try to get three hours a day of practice in - except for the weekends and then I'm lucky if I can get an hour or two. The past few months have been a little busy so I've been averaging about two and a half hours a day on good days. When I stopped competing in powerlifting I felt a void in my life and made a decision to pick-up the guitar again and that is my passion in this life - my goal is to get a band together and play live at some local shithole or anywhere, for that matter - finding anyone close by has been like pulling teeth, though....talk about nut cases out there - or meth heads or flaming liberal idiots...I had one guy that would have been a good fit but he was recently moved from California and he turned out to be a Newsom-loving kook so that didn't pan-out.

I've been using metronomeonline for about 6 years and it also logs your time so here's a screenshot of the time I've put in since using it:

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Polyphia SUCKS!!!" - Ronald Reagan
RockyStar
Grand Poobah

Post by RockyStar »

That is cool ^

I hear you on finding the right people to play. It is very difficult. I get over an hour a day in consistently but will be able to do more again, soon. Some days I get a lot more in but I want to have a steady time of a couple hours a day or so being productive and getting things done. I write a lot but I don't count that time.
sytharnia NZ
Recruit

Post by sytharnia NZ »

my "playing" time is probably the worst kind .. sitting on the couch while watching TV. I just noodle away for anywhere from 15 mins to 3 or 4 hours most days but it really is just keeping my fingers moving.

Then on the weekends I try to be motivated to record some songs but the struggle is real :lol: ... I hate the fact I am recording all the instruments by myself but I just can't seem to find anyone who wants to write and record music. I have an old band mate who is saying he is keen as to do something, then he never wants to come out and learn/write/record :x ... have also lined up a singer to sing 2 of my latest songs and he keeps making excuses but says he is keen to sing .. so not holding my breath